Thursday, April 23, 2009

One More Semester of Seminary Down

i love my small evangelical seminary. i love that i am not conservative and that it is ok. i love that my thoughts have value and that i have learned to value myself enough to say them out loud. i love that i am becoming me in a place that is becoming my own.

things in school this semester:
-i wrote statements of beliefs on doctrine of God, doctrine of revelation, and doctrine of the person of Christ
-sixteen weeks of studying prayer
-read through the prophets and the gospels
-studied the story of the hemorrhaging woman in Mark 5 and wrote about her and loved her and her story and began to see myself in that story and loved Jesus even more because of that story
-i got to interview my sweet friend/mentor Gelayol and learn about her life in Iran and about what it was like to move to the United States
-i taught a room full of graduate students how to make tambourines out of paper plates and lentils
-i wrote a paper on the implications of Twilight by Stephenie Meyer and what it is communicating to our culture and how the church needs to respond (it may surprise you what Twilight is communicating to youth i know i was surprised, it was interesting)

things in life:
-discovered the joy of hot rollers allowing me to have curly big hair whenever i see fit
-moved 
-really getting to know my sweet friend Rachael i live with
-discovering the joy of new music almost daily
-joined a gym 
-learning more how to love myself
-hiking constantly
-drinking more coffee then is necessary
-learning to love being single
-making my new house my home
-discovered i don't like shirts with sleeves
-making cards is an absolute joy, sending them is even better
-trying to figure what to say to tell someone i'm done
-Christian Camping International, hopefully
-taking pictures on disposable cameras because my digital is broken
-ready for the adventure that will be May-August

No comments: