Friday, December 19, 2008

Learning How to Plant

I have moved 10 times in the last 5 years. And in April it will make it number 11. I'm tired. Someone once told me you move more than anyone I know. Most of the time people just ask why I move so much. I honestly don't know. Sometimes it's because I have to; other times it's because I can't stay (and those are two very different reasons).

Either way, I'm tired.

I need to learn how to grow something. Plant something and then harvest something. I need to learn how to farm instead of just gathering along the way and not being able to take everything with me. I don't know when I can stop enough to do that...in a year and a half I'll be moving to Brazil (most likely) for 6 months to a year.

What then? After that? A garden?

There's more to this I can feel it in my stomach. I don't know what yet, but there is more.

No comments: