Saturday, October 25, 2008

The Truth That Hurts

This is one of those songs that says goodbye
That is thrown away because of pain
Not even given a second glance
Because goodbye is too permanent,
And I don't do permanent,
I keep things surface level
Because I'm not gonna hurt
I'm not gonna care
That way when you say goodbye 
I don't even have to give a sad contemplative sigh
Because I won't mind,
Or at least that's what I'll tell you,
I'll tell you I don't care 
And that I will shed no tears over your memory,
If I even decide to keep memories of you,
And you might even believe my hard exterior
And my nonchalant ways
But the truth--
The truth is I feel too much
And my heart will ache with your goodbye
And I will cry,
But I will wait until you leave
Because I try to be tough
And I try to build wall that you can't climb
When really I've made it so I can't climb out,
And so is this my future behind a wall?
Never having to say goodbye,
But never given the opportunity to say hello...

No comments: